Privacy & Cookies
We take every prudent level of protection to ensure that your data remains safe within our systems. All personal information provided to and held by us will be treated as strictly private and confidential.
Lawful reason for processing
We record your personal data for the purpose of providing you with martial arts and other sports equipment. Your data is not to be shared with others.
The right to be informed
We will only use and disclose information that we hold about you in the normal course of providing quotations or arranging subsequent purchases.
We may carry out various checks and pass your details to others for reasons that may include:
- Identity checks
- Sanction checks
- Information exchanges with the Police
- Working with fraud prevention agencies and registers
- Obtaining information from other public and private sources and credit searches with credit reference agencies (these may appear on your credit report whether or not cover is arranged)
We will not contact you in respect of other services that we offer unless we have obtained your consent to do so. You can stop this consent at any time by giving us notice. We will not disclose any information to any other parties without your consent unless required to do so by law. You are free to withdraw your consent to use your data at any time though this may prevent us from providing you with our services.
The right to access
All of our clients have the right to access the data that we hold.
Most of our customers have access to their data stored in our computer systems through their personal online account and are able to inspect their policy documentation and basic information details.
Your Data can also be provided to you either:
- As a series of PDF documents - these will be emailed to you at the email address that we hold in our records.
- If you do not have access to the necessary computing power to receive documents in this way we can supply your file in paper format.
We will provide this information to you within 30 days of receipt of your request and you are entitled to receive this information free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE that we have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we take this course of action, we will write to you to inform our reasons why. If this should occur and you are unhappy with our decision you may complain to the Information Commissioner as detailed at the end of this notice. You also have the full redress available to you through the court system.
The right to rectification
We will ensure that if you find any errors within the data that we hold we will take immediate steps to rectify them.
The right to erasure
We will ensure that we erase your contact data from all of our systems if requested as long as this does not conflict with the law or our obligations under regulation.
The right to restrict processing
We will only use your data for the procurement of martial arts and other sports equipment and clothing. We will not sell your data or pass it on to any other persons. It could be that we anonymise your data for the purpose of developing new products and services.
If you wish to restrict the use of your data, we will act in accordance with your wishes.
The right to data portability
We will supply your data to other persons or organisations at your request. This will be provided within 14 days of any request and will be supplied in an electronic medium to the email address that you specify. This will generally be in the form of an email attachment unless specifically requested otherwise. We will do our best to accommodate requests in whatever format you require but can only do so within the limitations of our own systems.
The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
Blitz will not use your data in this way.
The right to object
All customers have the right to object to the way in which we handle their data. If you have an objection, please in the first instance contact us as below. We will immediately investigate your objection and take action as is appropriate.
Mr M Gharbaoui
Contact Telephone Number
Notwithstanding our own investigations you also have the right to take your objection to the Information Commissioners Office. This can be done through:
- The Information Commissioner’s Office web site https://ico.org.uk/
- The ICO web site has functionality for a live web chat if this is easier
- Calling the Information Commissioner’s Office helpline on 0303 123 1113
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service);
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
- We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer (version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block All Cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.